Signs of good care:
- Office is clean, instruments are properly autoclaved and autoclave equipment is regularly maintained by weekly spore tests.
- You are involved in deciding what is best for you. Treatment decisions are explained and all questions are answered.
- You are buying the treatment you want, or are you part of an elaborate sales pitch? Cost of treatment is explained and options for payments are reviewed.
- When treatment is being performed, is the dentist running from chair to chair or does the dentist stay present?
- Are you getting consistent results or are you dealing with post-operative problems more often than not?
- Is the office interested in prevention and keeping you healthy or just “fixing” you?
- Can you relate well with the office and people who provide your care, is the staff friendly?
- Is the office respectful of your time?